7 de novembro de 2015


A prayer of the lowly man when he is faint and pours forth his plea before the LORD.


O LORD, hear my prayer;
let my cry come before You.
Do not hide Your face from me
in my time of trouble;
turn Your ear to me;
when I cry, answer me speedily.
For my days have vanished like smoke
and my bones are charred like a hearth.
My body is stricken and withered like grass;
too wasted to eat my food;
on account of my vehement groaning
my bones show through my skin.
I am like a great owl in the wilderness,
an owl among the ruins.
I lie awake; I am like
a lone bird upon a roof.
All day long my enemies revile me;
my deriders use my name to curse.
For I have eaten ashes like bread
and mixed my drink with tears,
because of Your wrath and Your fury;
for You have cast me far away.
My days are like a lengthening shadow;
I wither like a grass.
But You, O LORD, are enthroned forever;
Your fame endures throughout the ages.
You will surely arise and take pity on Zion,
for it is time to be gracious to her;
the appointed time has come.
Your servants take delight in its stones,
and cherish its dust.
The nations will fear the name of the LORD,
all the kings of the earth, Your glory.
For the LORD has built Zion;
He has appeared in all His glory.
He has turned to the prayer of the destitute
and has not spurned their prayer.
May this be written down for a coming generation,
that people yet to be created may praise the LORD.
For He looks down from His holy height;
the LORD beholds the earth from heaven
to hear the groans of the prisoner,
to release those condemned to death;
that the fame of the LORD may be recounted in Zion,
His praises in Jerusalem,
when te nations gather together,
the kingdoms to serve the LORD.

He drained my strength in mid-course,
He shortened my days.
I say, "O my God, do not take me away
in the midst of my days,
You whose years go on for generations on end.
Of old You established the earth;
the heavens are the work of Your hands.
They shall perish, but You shall endure;
they shall all wear out like a garment;
You change them like clothing and they pass away.
But You are the same, and Your years never end.
May the children of Your servants dwell securely
and their offspring endure in Your presence.

Psalm 102
(JPS)